What you choose to display is what will print.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS:
What I can offer as your Information Technology Specialist:
COMPUTER WORK EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
James Madison University
Technology Department, Harrisonburg, VA. Position: Help Desk Analyst.
Blue Ridge Community College
Advantage Physical Therapy & Sports Performance
- Technical Support, Harrisonburg, VA. Position: Server Administrator.
January 2005-August 2007. Position: Webmaster. August 2006-present.
WLR Foods, Inc. –
MIS Department, Hinton and Broadway, VA. Positions: PC Specialist, Help
Desk Operator. June 1995-May 1999.
Merck & Co., Inc.
– Technical Operations, Manufacturing Division, Stonewall Plant, Elkton, VA.
Position: Intern/Bulk Mainframe Operator. November 1993-May 1995.
James Madison University
– Office of Information Technology, Harrisonburg, VA. Position: Microcomputing
Lab Consultant. Spring 1992-November 1993.
Computer Knowledge and Accomplishments:
- Earned W3Schools HTML Developer Certification (October 2006)
- Earned Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification (PowerPoint 2003) (August 2006)
- Earned HDI HDM Certification (July 2006)
- Earned HDI HDA Certification (July 2005)
- Earned Apple - ACHDS Certification (April 2005)
- Earned CompTIA A+ Certification (2004 standards)
- Author of multiple articles
for James Madison University’s Technical Advisory. Refer to http://peregrin.jmu.edu/~johns2ja/works.htm
- Developed and taught a curriculum for my course Advanced Site Design (Using CSS) as part of teaching computer courses for Blue Ridge Community College - Workforce Services and Continuing Education
- Specialization in browsers on both Windows and Macintosh
platforms, including Internet Explorer and Firefox
- Proficient in Internet usage, Microsoft Windows (3.1
through Vista), Macintosh OS X, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft
printer usage and maintenance
- Introductory knowledge of PHP, Java, ASP, and Perl
- Using interpersonal skills to take calls, assess needs,
and both determine and take corrective measures
- Design and development of
- PC and Network troubleshooting
- Mainframe operations
- Development of documentation for assistance with technical
operations in a manufacturing setting as well as operations in a
university support center
- Past experience with Unix, mainframe operations (ITX, VAX,
AS400) and programming: BASIC, PASCAL, COBOL, and SQL
COUNSELING WORK EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Health Center, Hagerstown, MD. Position: Child & Adolescent
Therapist. August 2003-October 2004.
Psychotherapy Associates of Winchester, PLC, Winchester,
VA. Position: Licensed Professional Counselor. November 2002-October 2003.
New Horizons Counseling Services, Shepherdstown, WV. Position:
Licensed Professional Counselor. August 2002-April 2003.
Berryville, VA, and Winchester, VA. Positions: Therapist/Counselor,
Licensed Therapist. June 1999-June 2003.
- Integrating computer skills by automating data into
meaningful and presentable information
- Computer-based automation of data to reduce paperwork
- Member of Grafton’s Information Technology Committee
- Conducting interviews, using interpersonal skills to
assess needs in order to set purposeful goals for success
- Presenting how information systems could be utilized
effectively with clinical data at Grafton School using PowerPoint
- Achieving the status of Licensed Professional Counselor in
both Virginia and West Virginia
- Achieving Mandt Certification
- Succeeding in CPR, First Aid, OSHA, Bloodborne Pathogen,
and CAFAS training
- Observing improved quality of life in clients I served
- Ability to multi-task and handle various projects as
evidenced by overlapping jobs in the counseling field
- Presentation to the City of Winchester employees and
periodic presentations at clinical and team meetings
Community College, Hagerstown, MD.
Eastern Mennonite University,
Harrisonburg, VA. August 1996-June 1999.
- Master of Arts in Counseling
University, Harrisonburg, VA. August
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Major GPA: 3.85
- Cumulative GPA: 3.589
- Major: Computer
Information Systems, Decision Support Systems Concentration
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
ACTIVITIES, SUBSCRIPTIONS, MEMBERSHIPS AND HONORS: