Purpose: Develop muscles of the hips, legs, and back.
Transitional lift for Power Clean.
Using a hip width stance, reach down and grip the bar on the outside
of your legs.
Keep the bar next to your shins, chest high and your hips lower than
Position your weight on your heels. Keep your shoulder blades together
and an arch in your lower back.
- Slowly pull the bar off the floor using your legs.
- Your shoulders, hips and the weight should move upward at the same
rate until your legs are straight.
- Once your legs have extended, extend your hips and back until your
body is straight.
- Descent of the bar should follow the same path as the ascent.
- Keep the bar as close to your body as possible.
- The weight should be distributed on your heels throughout the entire