Purpose: Develop explosive power through extension of
the hips, knees and ankles.
Use a shoulder width grip, with your arms fully extended. Your feet
under hips and weight on heels.
Hold your shoulder blades together and maintain an arch in your back
while lowering the bar to the top of your knees.
Maintain a slight bend in your knees and ankles with your shoulders
positioned directly over the bar.
- Explosively extend your hips, back and ankles, performing a jumping
- Explosively transfer the weight from your heels to the balls of your
feet and shrug your shoulders vertically.
- As the weight moves upward, simultaneously drop your body underneath
the bar catching the weight across your shoulders and in a 1/2 squat
position. Finish the lift by standing upright under control.
- Lower the weight to the start position and repeat the exercise.
- The movement is very explosive, occurring in the hips, legs, and
- Your back should remain tight and flat throughout the entire exercise.
- As you drop down under the bar flip your elbows forward and push them
together so that you catch the bar across your shoulders with your arms
parallel to the floor and your elbows pointing directly forward.