To Strength & Conditioning Professionals,
1. NCAA 2008-09 Drug Testing Program Booklet is now online.
2. NCAA 2008-09 Sports Medicine Handbook – In Press, hardcopies to arrive end of July. Online version available now.
· Significant revisions include Guideline 2j. Skin Infections in Athletics and Guideline 3c. The Student-Athlete with Sickle Cell Trait
3. NCAA Banned Drugs and Medical Exceptions Policy, Video, and Case Examples online.
4. Registration is now open for the 2009 APPLE Conferences, the leading national training symposiums dedicated to substance abuse prevention and health promotion for student-athletes and athletics department administrators. These conferences receive major funding and support from the NCAA. You can register for one of two weekend conferences:
· January 16-18, 2009 in sunny San Diego, California
· January 30-February 1, 2009 in charming Charlottesville, Virginia
For more information, including tentative agenda and confirmed speakers, and to register for the 2009 APPLE Conference, please visit: www.virginia.edu/case/apple. If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Crocket at email@example.com or(434) 924-5276.
5. Update on MRSA education materials. CDC Q & A (July 2008): Environmental Management of Staph and MRSA in Community Settings
All NCAA Health and Safety Resources are available online at www.ncaa.org/health-safety
NCAA Health and
PO Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222
317- 917- 6222 (p)
317- 917- 6363 (f)