TIME: 9 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 1
• Extra-virgin olive oil spray
• ¾ cup egg substitute
• ½ cup finely chopped bell peppers
• ½ cup finely chopped onions
• 1 oz low-fat Swiss cheese slices
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 ¼ precooked potatoes, diced
• 1 tsp thyme
• Spray a medium, nonstick frying pan with extra-virgin olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Pour in egg substitute.
• Spray another nonstick frying pan with extra-virgin olive oil and place it over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, just until tender.
• Lift the edges of the egg with a spatula, and when it starts to set, tip the pan so that the raw egg runs underneath. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until almost set. Flip omelette. Lay cheese slices over egg and add cooked peppers. Cover and cook for 1 or 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Fold omelette in half. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add potatoes to a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for minutes or until soft. Spray potatoes lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper and toss.
• Transfer potatoes and omelette to a serving plate. Serve immediately.
• Buy precut onions and peppers and it will take mere minutes to prepare this hearty omelette.
• Precut, precooked potatoes can be found in bags in most major grocery stores.
30 g protein
55 g carbohydrates
6 g fat
3 g saturated fat
7 g fiber