You can download a PDF copy of the book with the links below. There are differently formatted options, depending on how you intend to use the PDF.
http://educ.jmu.edu/~waltondb/ModelCalculus/model-calculus.pdf (Margins formatted to print 2-sided)
http://educ.jmu.edu/~waltondb/ModelCalculus/model-calculus-1page.pdf (Margins formatted to print 1-sided)
In order to keep track of changes during the semester, the following list describes the changes that have taken place in the text since August 2016.
- Example 2.4.3 includes finding a derivative using technology. The wording originally used the word “integral” (copy/paste error).
- Continuity of Functions (Section 5.4) was edited to remove redundant information about interval notation.
- The Derivative (Section 5.3) had another example added that involved using conjugates for square roots (Example 5.3.4).
- Correction to example of \(L(b)\) in Section 5.9, Exponential Derivatives. Used to say \(2^x\) in every formula.
- Added Derivatives of Trigonometric Functions as Section 5.10, and renumbering Implicit Differentiation as Section 5.11.