|College of Science and Mathematics|
|Department of Mathematics and Statistics|
· Research · Publications · Curriculum Vitae · Personal · M-Cubed · xhtml
Department of Mathematics
Roop Hall, Roop 106
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
Voice: (540) 568-5103
Fax: (540) 568-6857
Teaching & Office HoursIn FA15, I am teaching MATH 205: Introductory Calculus I, and MATH 337: Methods of Applied Calculus.
I'm often in my office in ROOP 106, so feel free to stop in whenever my door is open. My current schedule is available online: here.
- MON 2:30-3:30 pm
- WED 3:30-5 pm
- THUR 11-12 noon
- FRI 10-11 am, or by appointment
In previous semesters at JMU, I've taught:
- Mathematics of Ancient Greece: Math 103 (SM10, SM11, SM13,SM15)
- Introductory Calculus: Math 205 (SP11)
- Calculus with Algebra: Math 231 (FA08,FA09) and 232 (SP07,SP08,SP11,FA14,SP15)
- Calculus I : Math 235 (FA09,FA11,FA12,FA13)
- Calculus II: Math 236 (SP13)
- Calculs III: Math 237 (FA12,SP14)
- Linear Algebra and Differential Equations: Math 238 (FA13)
- Computers & Numerical Algorithms: Math 248 (SP10,FA10,SP12,SP14)
- PDE and Fourier Series : Math 440 (FA08, FA09)
- ODE theory : Math 441 (SP09)
Research InterestsI am interested in applying mathematics to physical problems. I have worked on problems from atmospheric science, coupled multi-physics, porous media, and nonlinear waves. I'm currently thinking about analytic continuation and ODE. I use both analytic and numeric techniques, while drawing on aspects of dynamical systems, PDE theory, functional analysis and numerical analysis. More specific information can be found here. Links to papers are found here.
I'm also involved in the M-cubed program, a six-week summer National Research Experience for Undergraduates Program (NREUP) funded by the MAA. Read more about the NREUP, and about the JMU M-cubed program.
· Research · Publications · Curriculum Vitae · Portfolio · M-Cubed ·