|College of Science and Mathematics|
|Department of Mathematics and Statistics|
· Research · Publications · Curriculum Vitae · Personal · M-Cubed · xhtml
Department of Mathematics
Roop Hall, Roop 106
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
Voice: (540) 568-5103
Fax: (540) 568-6857
Teaching & Office Hours
In SP23, I am teaching two courses:
- Please ask general questions in a Canvas discussion board. That way everyone can see them and benefit from the answer, and maybe someone in class has an answer for you! If you have a specific question, you can always email me.
- via EMAIL: I'll try to answer general Disscussion questions directly on the dicussion board and mention in class, and reply to more specific ones via email. I get a lot of email, though, so put "MATH 236" in your subject line so that my email filter catches it. If it is urgent, use something like this "MATH 236 URGENT"
- If you'd like to make an appointment for time not regularly scheduled, please check my weekly calendar for an opening and send me an email request.
In previous semesters at JMU, I've taught:
- The Joy of Mathematics: Math 103 (SP17)
- Mathematics of Ancient Greece: Math 103 (SM10,SM11,SM13,SM15,SM17,SM22)
- Exploratory Math I: Math 167 (FA22)
- Introductory Calculus: Math 205 (SP11,FA15,FA18,SP19,FA20,SP21,FA21)
- Calculus with Algebra: Math 231 (FA08,FA09) and 232 (SP07,SP08,SP11,FA14,SP15,SP16,FA16)
- Calculus I : Math 235 (FA09,FA11,FA12,FA13,FA22)
- Calculus II: Math 236 (SP13,SP23)
- Calculs III: Math 237 (FA12,SP14)
- Linear Algebra and Differential Equations: Math 238 (FA13)
- Computers & Numerical Algorithms: Math 248 (SP10,FA10,SP12,SP14,SP19,FA20,SP21)
- Math for Industry: Math 267 (SP21)
- Exploratory Math II: Math 267 (SP23)
- Methods of Applied Calculus: Math 337 (FA15, FA18)
- Non-linear Dynamics and Chaos: Math 341 (SP17)
- PDE and Fourier Series: Math 440 (FA08, FA09, FA20, FA21)
- ODE theory: Math 441 (SP09)
- Numerical Analysis: Math 448 (SP16)
- Numerical Analysis for ODE: Math 449 (FA16)
Research InterestsI am interested in applying mathematics to physical problems. I have worked on problems from atmospheric science, coupled multi-physics, porous media, and nonlinear waves. I'm currently thinking about analytic continuation and ODE. I use both analytic and numeric techniques, while drawing on aspects of dynamical systems, theory of differential equations, functional analysis and numerical analysis. More specific information can be found here. Links to papers are found here.
I'm also involved in the M-cubed program, a six-week summer National Research Experience for Undergraduates Program (NREUP) funded by the MAA. Read more about the NREUP, and about the JMU M-cubed program. While the bad news is that we are currently unable to apply for the external funding that supports this program, the good news is that we are ineligible because JMU is national REU site!
· Research · Publications · Curriculum Vitae · Portfolio · M-Cubed ·