|College of Science and Mathematics|
|Department of Mathematics and Statistics|
· Research · Publications · Curriculum Vitae · Personal · M-Cubed · xhtml
Department of Mathematics
Roop Hall, Roop 106
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
Voice: (540) 568-5103
Fax: (540) 568-6857
Teaching & Office HoursIn SP17, I am teaching MATH 103: The Nature of Mathematics, and MATH 341: Non-linear dynamics and Chaos.
My regularly scheduled office hours:
If you'd like to make an appointment, please check my weekly calendar for an opening and send me an email request. I'm often in my office in ROOP 106, so feel free to stop in whenever my door is open.
- Mon 2:30-3:30 pm
- Tues/Wed 11:00-noon
- Thurs 12-1:30 pm and by appointment
In previous semesters at JMU, I've taught:
- Mathematics of Ancient Greece: Math 103 (SM10, SM11, SM13,SM15)
- Introductory Calculus: Math 205 (SP11,FA15)
- Calculus with Algebra: Math 231 (FA08,FA09) and 232 (SP07,SP08,SP11,FA14,SP15, SP16, FA16)
- Calculus I : Math 235 (FA09,FA11,FA12,FA13)
- Calculus II: Math 236 (SP13)
- Calculs III: Math 237 (FA12,SP14)
- Linear Algebra and Differential Equations: Math 238 (FA13)
- Computers & Numerical Algorithms: Math 248 (SP10,FA10,SP12,SP14)
- Methods of Applied Calculus: Math 337 (FA15)
- PDE and Fourier Series : Math 440 (FA08, FA09)
- ODE theory : Math 441 (SP09)
- Numerical Analysis: Math 448 (SP16)
- Numerical Analysis for ODE: Math 449 (FA16)
Research InterestsI am interested in applying mathematics to physical problems. I have worked on problems from atmospheric science, coupled multi-physics, porous media, and nonlinear waves. I'm currently thinking about analytic continuation and ODE. I use both analytic and numeric techniques, while drawing on aspects of dynamical systems, PDE theory, functional analysis and numerical analysis. More specific information can be found here. Links to papers are found here.
I'm also involved in the M-cubed program, a six-week summer National Research Experience for Undergraduates Program (NREUP) funded by the MAA. Read more about the NREUP, and about the JMU M-cubed program. While the bad news is that we are currently unable to apply for the external funding that supports this program, the good news is that we are ineligible because JMU is national REU site!
· Research · Publications · Curriculum Vitae · Portfolio · M-Cubed ·